- Dialog Flow
- Internal Administrators
- Ideation & Design Thinking
- User & Product Research
- UI / UX Design
- User Testing
- Project Management
Enhancing DESSA with Electron and Iterative Design.
With the launch of the Electron Design System, we were given the directive to enhance DESSA’s visuals.
As any designer knows though, there is always room to improve the experience. So through user feedback and testing, we were able to convince the business to allow us to also apply functional improvements.
The result was a much cleaner, modern and more intuitive experience.
Post launch, we heard a number of things from users both good and bad. After several interviews and user testing, three consistent patterns emerged that all users seemed to face. The team determined these three key items would make the most difference in users lives.
Enhanced looks. Enhanced usability.
With a stark contrast between the first iteration and the second, the team was proud of what we had accomplished.
Functional but flawed.
Clean, modern and more intuitive.
Lessons and Outcomes
The challenges we faced as a team were:
- Implementing the Electron Design System
- Proving to the business that we should enhance an already easy to use system
- Getting the approved use of time to test and iterate on the new design
Results were pretty spectacular. The feedback we received was
- Reduced time to find the information needed
- Quicker database updates via the enhanced actions
- All users were much more responsive to the new visual look
“Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.”Mark TwainAmerican writer, humorist, entrepreneur, publisher, and lecturer